National Bird Week 2017 is celebrated from Monday 23 – Sunday 29 October. Please register and join in the celebration at RBGV Cranbourne Gardens.
This workshop will take place on Sunday 29 October.
There is a very rich and important relationship between Australian birds and
Australian plants and this aspect will be explored during this Workshop.
We have been able to gain a range of experienced interested presenters who will
lead us to a greater understanding of Australian birds, their behaviour, their
requirements and their conservation.
From 7:30am there will be an optional opportunity to participate in the “What Bird is
That?” presentation conducted by BirdLife Australia’s Mornington Peninsula branch
in the Cranbourne bushland, followed by a tasty breakfast.
10 am: Morning refreshments in the Australian Garden Auditorium.
10:30 am: Presentations begin and subjects include:
- Overview of Australian birds
- Evolutionary/social history in connecting birds, animals, nature and people
- Behaviour, ecology, colour and sexual attraction
- Status of the Helmeted Honeyeater, Victoria’s bird emblem
- Photographing birds
- Illustrating birds
- Bird habitat in gardens
- Australian birds in art and craft.
- 7:30 – 9 am (includes Breakfast) Session and 10 am – 3 pm Presentations Session
- Members $80
- Non-members $90
- Students $40
- 10 am – 3 pm Presentations Session only
- Members $60
- Non-members $75
- Students $30
The booking form can be found here: Spring 2017 Booking form two sided (92KB)