Are you looking for a new and satisfying way to enrich your life?
Do you want to make a difference?
Would you like to join a friendly and dynamic group to actively support the Cranbourne Gardens? Your Cranbourne Friends Committee is seeking new members
Here are some things you might like to know about who we are and what we do:
- We’re all volunteers, with various backgrounds and experiences, who
share a passion for the Cranbourne Gardens and Australian plants.
- Meeting once a month in our home, the Elliot Centre, at the Gardens we:
* work closely with the Director deciding where funds raised by the Friends should go
* assist the Friends’ special interest groups to fund, organise and run their events, exhibitions, plant sales, tours, workshops, etc
* help the Garden Ambassadors and Gardens staff with funding to attend conferences
* liaise with the Gardens staff over grants applications and other matters as needed
Meetings usually involve much lively discussion; friendships are forged; it’s fun
to plan for and meet the challenges of new undertakings (like the construction of
the Elliot Centre and Friends Plant Nursery, the 2017 Kangaroo Paw Celebrations,
the 2018 writing of the Friends’ History, The 2021 Guides Conference), and see
them come to fruition.
You do not need special qualifications, because lots of experience is gained ‘on
the job’ – with plenty of support from others on the committee. Willingness to be involved is the major ‘criterion’! We are also in need of someone with the skill to help out in the Elliot Centre Office with general administration. Perhaps you might be able to spend some time,
regularly or ad hoc, to help with this, if you cannot join the Committee.
If you are interested in either role, would you please write a brief description of
your skills and interests addressing the CF Role Statement – General committee Member and email to the Secretary, Helen Kennedy, at email@example.com by Friday June 8, 2018.
We would love to hear from you!