The Cranbourne Friends exist to support the Cranbourne Gardens, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, by undertaking voluntary tasks and organising activities which enhance community understanding and appreciation of the Cranbourne Gardens, Australian flora and fauna, and generate funds to support Gardens’ projects.
With the retirement of some long-standing and dedicated committee members, the Friends Committee is seeking new volunteers to take over these roles. At the same time, the Committee is taking the opportunity to simplify administration by introducing, in the foreseeable future, appropriate electronic packages and systems that address accounting, bookkeeping and membership functions. If you have skills or experience in the following areas and are interested in joining our volunteer team to assist in the organisation of Friends activities, we would love to hear from you.
COMMITTEE POSITIONS – include monthly meetings on Thursday evenings at Cranbourne Gardens
- TREASURER – ideally would have CPA or Chartered Accounting qualifications
- GENERAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS – two members for each of Friends and Events Committees
- PUBLICITY/PROMOTIONS OFFICER – Organise and coordinate publicity about Friends events
NON – COMMITTEE POSITIONS
- BOOKKEEPER – Entry of receipts and payments to accounting package
- INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY OFFICER help us set up/use more modern systems
If you are interested in any of these voluntary positions please check the attached pdf for more details and then contact Helen Kennedy at email@example.com who will provide further information.