The Friends Lunch with Millie Ross will be held on Sunday May 3. Book for this fun occasion, where you will have a chance to win with our raffle, door prize and silent auction. A delicious three course meal is offered for $70 per head, with drinks at bar prices. The lunch, which will commence at 11.30 for a 12.00 start, will be held in the Tarnuk Room, Visitor’s Centre, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, Cranbourne.
Guest Speaker Millie Ross is a horticulturist, garden designer, author, writer and broadcaster. Millie’s topic will be the “Great Aussie Garden” and she will look at great ideas and approaches to the Aussie garden, both big and small.
An innovative and unconventional gardener, Millie Ross specialises in creative construction, sourcing local, low-cost materials and using plants in unusual ways. Millie is a seen regularly on the TV program, Gardening Australia and has worked as a researcher and writer with the program since 2009. She is a popular speaker at events like the Melbourne International Flower & Garden Show and is a member of the Maud Gibson Trust Advisory Committee.
The Cranbourne Friends supports and assist the Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria (RBGV) at Cranbourne and contributes to the Gardens each year through plant sales and activities like tours, workshops, and social activities. The Friends’ contributions allow the Gardens to fund additional items not included in their budgets. Our latest donation of $76,000 to the Gardens has been pivotal to the commencement of a long-awaited shuttle bus service, incorporating disabled access, between Cranbourne Station and the Gardens; it is a joint project with the RBGV Foundation.
HOW TO BOOK FOR THE LUNCH:
Please note that however you pay for your ticket, you should contact the Booking Officer by email to advise of any dietary requirements.
- Through Eventbrite – Electronic Booking. (Payment processing fee payable).
- Electronic Funds Transfer to our NAB Bank account:
- BSB:083-597 Account No : 516 396 798
- Account name: Cranbourne Friends Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria, Inc.
- In the description line, key in the letters ‘lun’ plus your surname (or as many characters as will fit). Then send a copy of your payment to the Booking Officer with details of your transfer receipt (Date, Name of Bank, Account Name and amount).
- Forward cheque payable to ‘Cranbourne Friends Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria Inc’, with your details to the Booking Officer at the address below.
- Richard Clarke, Cranbourne Friends RBGV,
- Mobile : 0418 148 792, landline: 5974 1750,
- Address: 1 Dickinson Grove, MOUNT MARTHA, VIC 3934
CONFIRMATION OF BOOKING
Your booking will be confirmed by Eventbrite or the Booking Officer.
CLOSE OF BOOKINGS and CANCELLATIONS
Bookings close on Sunday 26 April 2020, after which there are no refunds. Friends Booking-and-Cancellation-Policy applies. Please notify the Booking Officer if you are unable to attend an event as there is often a waiting list.
On the day: If you are unable to come at the last minute, phone the Booking Officer on 0418 148 792.