The Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria at Cranbourne is open and welcomes visitors, but the RBGV has put a hold on all programs, tours and volunteer activities, until 13 April. It is quite possible the postponement will continue beyond that date.
This includes Cranbourne Friends Special Interest Groups and Committee Meetings, which will cease. The upcoming “Australian Plants Revealed” and BBQ at Karwarra excursion, planned for March 24, has been cancelled, as has the Open House at the Elliot Centre on Thursday 9 April.
Transitional arrangements have been put in place for the Growing Friends to rationalise the nursery stock and get things in order, while managing the risk, for seven days. See Roger Watt’s 18 March letter, for more details.
The Cranbourne Friends have also cancelled most late April-May events, as the Committee of Management is concerned for the health and welfare of members:
- Rooftop Gardens talk, with Associate Professor Nick Williams- Sunday 19 April
- Sunday 3 May – Annual lunch
- Sunday 17 May – Fire in the Landscape talk – Sunday 17 May
- Open House, Elliot Centre – Thursday 24 May.
We will be in touch with Friends or members of the public who have booked for one of these events, once we have further information regarding the refund process.
Covid-19 Safety Measures at the Gardens
- At all times those on site are required to work in accordance with ‘social distancing’ practices by staying at least 1.5m away from people whenever
- Clean hands frequently by using soap and warm water for 20 seconds or alcohol-based hand sanitiser (also 20 seconds)
- When coughing and sneezing, cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue. Throw tissues away immediately and wash
- Minimise touching eyes, nose and
- Avoid close contact with anyone who is coughing or sneezing (step away >1.5 metres).