The Growing Friends propagate a great variety Australian native plants from cuttings, divisions and seed, throughout the year. Many of these can be seen in the Cranbourne Gardens.
Plants may be sold to members, the public, local council, etc. Proceeds are used by the Friends to support selected projects for the Gardens. Plants are also used for educational and revegetation purposes.
- Plants are grown for education purposes for school students visiting the Gardens organised by the Gardens’ Education Team.
- Sales to the public are held in Spring, Autumn and Winter in the Gardens as well as weekly in the Growing Friends nursery for members only.
- The City of Casey purchases plants for their Gardens for Wildlife Program and from time to time for revegetation programs.
Plants Orders and Sales
If you wish to purchase a plant you have seen in the Gardens, or multiple plants for a large area, then please contact the Growing Friends by email or phone with your request and we shall endeavour to grow them or may even have it/them in stock.
Friends members can visit the Nursery between 10am and 2pm on Thursdays to buy plants.
This coming May 8 & 9 between 10:00am to 4pm the plant sales are back. Here is the list of plants on sale:
- Plant sale list (May 2021) – in alphabetical order
- Plant sale list (May 2021) – in plant type (colour code) order
Click on this link for poster: Poster – Nursery Open to Members.pdf
When we meet
The Growing Friends will meet on Thursdays at our nursery, in the Gardens’ depot, from 9.30am to 3pm. No more volunteers are needed at present.
Please note that all Special Interest Group members must conform with the RBGV’s Child Safe Program – Find out more.